Have you ever wondered which trading platform is better MT4 vs. cTrader ?
We’ve put together the comparison table full of data, in order to make it easier for you to decide what platform to use.
|Our Reader's Score||9.5 points out of 10|
+tested through time and realiable
+great for EA's and VPS trading
+most popular trading platform
|9 out of 10|
+modern and easy to use
+advanced order options
-requires faster computer and internet
|Recommended broker for each trading platform||XM.COM (click to get the BONUS offer)||Pepperstone.com|
|Date of first release||2005||2011|
|Supported Operating systems||Windows, Apple iOS||Windows|
|Pricing||FREE OF CHARGE||FREE OF CHARGE|
|Recommendable platform for VPS (Virtual Private Server)||YES||NO|
|Recommendable platform for SCALPING ?||NO||YES|
|Recommendable platform for EA (Expert Advisor)||YES (huge community!!)||NO|
|iOS and Android Apps Supported ?||YES||YES|
|Historical price data available||YES||NO|
|Charts on Multiple Monitors||NO||YES|
|Number of TimeFrames||9 (21 Metatrader 5)||26|
|Adjustable Session Times||NO||YES|
|Cloud (to store all templates in one place)||NO||YES|
|One Click Trading||NO||YES|
|Real time market news||YES||NO|
|Economic calendar||YES (Metatrader 5)||NO|
|Cryptocurrency Trading||YES (Metatrader 5)||NO|
|CFD Trading||YES (Metatrader 5)||NO|
|Company name:||MetaQuotes Software||Spotware Systems|
MetaTrader (MT4) is certainly one of the most popular online forex trading platforms. The platform also enables backtesting trading strategies on historical data.
MetaTrader is a platform that is being offered by almost 90% of all forex brokers for its clients.
However, it is good to say that it does not have to be the best trading platform for everyone, and so someone else can use trading software such as CopyTrader from Etoro or SaxoTrader or even Sirix.
- quick access to historical and online currency pair data
- fast online trading
- different trading order tips
- various graphing options and displays
- different Time Frames
- back-testing on historical data
- support for many world languages
- a huge number of indicators and tools for technical analysis
- creating or importing custom systems, alarms, indicators, codes, and scripts (Expert Advisor – EA) using the MQL4 programming language.
cTrader is a transaction platform by Spotware Systems, intended for brokers operating in the STP and ECN model. Established in 2010 and has since changed, overtaking other well-known applications in terms of the number of functions.
cTrader is gradually gaining popularity and offers things that you will not find in the standard elsewhere.
• large number of time intervals
• Tiki and point charts
• Automatic addition of TP and SL to the open position
• Trade with one click and quick set up of pending orders on the chart
• Doubling or reversing the position with one click
• Ability to define the Break Even level
• Support for custom indicators and automatic strategies
• Possibility to copy items from and to MT4
• Storing platform settings on the server
• Ability to choose your own time zone
• MQL-cAlgo converter
• cMirror – a service for copying transactions of other investors
MT4 vs. cTrader – Conclusion
Can relatively new cTrader beat the world’s most common and popular Metatrader4 platform?
We think that cTrader is a bit better for a brand new trader who is not yet used to MT4. The fact is that cTrader is still relatively new forex trading platform , and therefore there are not many traders who use it.
Due to low demand from traders, not many brokers offer it at the moment.
So in our opinion, if you are used to work with Metatrader and you’re happy with it then stick to it, don’t quit to a possibly worse broker just because they offer cTrader.