Last updated: July 11th 2019
We did this XM review early this year to see, whether thousands of forex traders who praise this broker on trading forums for being a reputable broker with solid platform, are speaking the truth or not!
Main benefits for traders:
- Strong and solid broker with super fast trade execution
- Good reputation among thousands of forex traders
- Very cheap trading costs (starting from 0 Pips for EURUSD)
- No sneaky tricks, stop loss hunting and no price requotes
- Competitive bonus structure
- Above the average speed of trade execution
- Negative balance protection (you can NOT loose more than your deposit)
- Forex Scalping is allowed (this is one of the few brokers who truly allow this strategy)
- You can play with practice demo account for unlimited period of time
- Trading through MT4 / MT5 or Webtrader
- Instant deposit, real trading on the same day
- 24-hour customer support 5 days a week
- Full support in 25 different languages (who else besides XM is offering this?)
- They are offering very competitive BONUS structure for new and existing traders
- Financial Conduct Authority FCA regulated forex broker in the United Kingdom (Financial Conduct Authority) Reference nbr.705428
- Australia ASIC regulated forex broker under reference nbr.ASIC 443670
- Cyprus CySEC regulated broker under CySEC 120/10
- Limited products focused mostly on forex
- Bonuses not offered for EEA (European Union resident) traders (due to the EU Law)
- Not available for USA traders
XM demo account
If you are a newbie and want to play with virtual money stress free, you can open a demo account that you can use for unlimited period of time. This means that all platform features and business strategies can be tested completely free of charge and without any risk.
Click here to open a free demo account where you can practice trading indefinitely. You can deposit real money anytime you want. Take your time.
XM Trading platforms
You can choose between Webtrader, smartphone trading apps or MT4/MT5.
We found webtrader pretty fast and stable. It is based on famous HTML Sirix platform.
XM is mostly focused on providing top notch forex trading experience. Currently, you can trade with 53 forex currency pairs.
Regardless of what type of account you open, there are many CFDs on stocks available from the worlds biggest stock exchanges (DowJones, SP500, DAX, CAC40). You can also trade precious metals like gold and of course crude oil.
Regardless of what type of account you open, with XM you will have access to Metatrader 4, one of the world’s most popular charting platforms. In addition to almost infinite amount of technical indicators, Metatrader 4 allows fast and automated processing of different trading positions.
Although we had no time to test XM mobile trading platform, they offer mobile Apps that can be downloaded from Google Play and Apple iTunes. These Apps are designed to work without any limitations with Metatrader 4. Professional traders can manage over 100 different accounts from one platform using the XM MT4 Multiterminal.
If you do not want to install any special software, you can use their XM WebTrader directly from your web browser. Actually this was the trading interface that we have used during our test! In addition to its ease of use, this software provides constantly updated economic news as well as an economic calendar and market analysis for even more flexible trading!
XM Trading Accounts (Micro + Standard + VIP)
When it is a time to switch from a demo practice account to a real account, you have several options:
If you are a beginner with no money then you can go for a “Micro account“, which can be opened with a deposit of just $5. With this type of account 1 Lot has only 1000 units which is so called micro Lot. XM offers the highest leverage, which can reach up to 888: 1, just for this type of account. Spreads are unbeatably low, especially for major currency pairs.
For traders who already have some previous trading experience and are familiar with financial markets, the “Standard account” is a good choice. It can also be opened with a minimum deposit of only $ 5 and allows you to trade standard lots of 100,000 points with a limit of 50 lots per transaction. “Exclusive VIP account” allows large volume trading and is for traders with a minimum initial deposit of $ 100,000.
How to deposit into XM trading account
XM offers you vast amounts of deposit methods. Your deposit can be made in a variety of ways: you can use wire transfer, Skrill wallet or Western Union in addition to the credit card (VISA, MASTERCARD).
There is a TIME LIMITED opportunity to claim competitive signup bonuses that will be credited right into your newly-opened XM trading account:
IMPORTANT NOTE: XM bonuses are NOT available for traders who signed up through Trading Point of Financial Instruments Ltd and Trading Point of Financial Instruments UK Ltd!
- $ 30 FREE BONUS to try out a platform for everyone (no deposit required )
- + 50% up to $ 500 bonus (Example: You get 50% on top of all deposits up to $500)
- + 20% up to $ 4500 bonus (Example )
XM Review verdict
Our short experience with testing this platform just confirmed a solid XM reputation among the traders from all across the world, mostly from Asian region, UAE etc.!
Verification process was fast and smooth. We must emphasize the fact that the platform did not freeze a single time during the testing, all orders were executed very fast. We were able to withdraw the money back almost immediately, and there has never even any issue with price requotes . Full registration of broker under British FCA is a big plus in our opinion. As far as XM Webtrader’s user experience is concerned, we think it is one of the world’s best trading platforms. We can say that our overall XM trading experience was fantastic and that is important! Unfortunately, we were unable to test the mobile app, but maybe next time…