Our Verdict on Pepperstone
Pepperstone is one of the most popular forex brokers, rated as our ‘Best Forex Broker for Beginners in 2023.
With swift trade execution, low spread, and diverse platform offerings including MetaTrader MT4 MT5, cTrader and TradingView, it presents a compelling trading experience. Despite its competitive forex spreads and an array of third-party tools, its primary focus on forex/CFD might limit some.
“Given the excellent experience, I highly recommend Pepperstone to forex traders looking for low spreads, a broad selection of currency pairs, and premier trading platforms.” ** Edward Kendy, forex expert.
Our team of reviewing experts at BestOnlineForexBroker.com rated Pepperstone with a Quality Score 98%.
Table of Contents
Pros & Cons
- Ultra Low Forex Spreads from 0.00 Pip
- No requotes, No slippages policy
- 1200+ Financial assets available
- CFD Shares, ETFs, Crypto, Commodities, Indices
- Leverage 1:30 up to 1:400 (License depending)
- Minimum deposit $1
- Spreads are floating (variable)
- Fast trade execution
- Spread Betting for UK, Ireland clients
- Scalping/Hedging is allowed
- MT4 / MT5, cTrader, TradingView
- Not available for USA traders
- No real stocks available (only CFDs)
- No proprietary trading platforms
74% – 89% CFD retail investor accounts lose money.
|💰 Broker quality score||95%|
|💳 Minimum deposit||$1|
|📉 EURUSD spread||from 0,0 pip|
|🖥 Minimum trade volume||0.01 MicroLot|
|💰Currency pairs||70+ pairs|
|📉 Max leverage||depends on the entity |
from 1:30 up to 1:400
|📉 Metatrader 4||✅|
|📉 Metatrader 5||✅|
|📉 Proprietary platform||⛔️|
|📉 CFD on Stocks||✅|
|📉 Real Stocks||⛔️|
|📉 CFD Gold, Silver, Oil||✅|
|📉 Agriculture commodities CFD||✅|
|📉 Indices CFD||✅|
|📉 PAMM Account||✅|
|💰 Account Types||Standard, Razor, Islamic account|
|💰 Islamic account||Yes swap free islamic account|
|💰 Account currencies||GBP, AUD, USD, SGD, HKD, JPY, NZD, EUR, CHF|
|☎ Regulation||ASIC Australia |
FCA United Kingdom
DFSA Dubai UAE
|📚 Languages supported||24 languages supported |
|Description||BOFB Quality Score|
|Trading Fees, Spreads||97%|
Is Pepperstone Considered Safe?
Pepperstone is considered to be a very safe forex broker with a high quality score of 95%.
Pepperstone is our top recommended broker for forex trading.
Tier 1 Jurisdictions:
- United Kingdom (FCA UK) Registration number 684312
- Germany BaFin Federal Financial Supervisory in Germany Reg.Nr.151148
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) Reg. nbr. AFSL 414530
Tier 2 Jurisdictions :
- European Union (Cyprus) Cysec – Cyprus Securities Commitee 388/20
- United Arab Emirates Dubai – DFSA Financial services authority
Tier 3 Jurisdictions :
- Kenya – CMA Capital Markets Authority License No.128
- Bahamas – Securities Commision Bahamas SCB
Pepperstone offers Negative Balance Protection to its UK and E.U. clients.
- ✅Leverage up to 1:30 (ASIC Australia license)
- ✅Leverage up to 1:200 (SCB license)
- ✅Leverage up to 1:30 (BaFIN Germany)
- ✅Leverage up to 1:400 (CMA Kenya)
- ✅Leverage up to 1:30 (DFSA Dubai)
- ✅Leverage up to 1:30 (FCA United Kingdom, CySEC Cyprus license)
Spread & Trading Fees
Spreads heavily depend on the type of Account that you have selected!
Average spreads on Pepperstone Razor Account:
AUD/USD EUR/USD GBP/USD USD/CAD USD/CHF USD/JPY 0,17 Pip 0,09 Pip 0,59 Pip 0,31 Pip 0,35 Pip 0,25 Pip
Broker Pepperstone offers 3 types of trading accounts:
- Standard Account
- Razor Account
- Swap Free Islamic Account
With all three trading accounts, you as a trader get:
- One of the lowest forex trading costs (forex spreads)
- Possibility to try trading on demo account
- Wide range of offered currency pairs
- Maximum leverage up to 1:400 (depends on jurisdiction)
The Standard trading account offers spreads starting from 0.6 pips, and you do not pay a fee to execute the trade. You can choose one of three MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, cTrader, TradingView trading platforms for your account.
The Razor Merchant Account offered by Pepperstone is a state-of-the-art infrastructure that allows forex traders to benefit from flexible leverage and trading from as little as 0.01 Lot.
Thanks to Pepperstone’s access to Interbank prices, the spread starts at 0.0 pips but traders on Razor Account are charged $3.50 to trade 1 Lot (100,000 currency units).
The Islamic Swap-Free Merchant trading Account (without swap fees) is for merchants who cannot receive or pay swap fees. Spread height starts from 1 pip.
The trading account is interest-free, while allowing traders to use Pepperstone’s cutting edge trading technology and deep liquidity.
Pepperstone Trading Platforms
Metatrader (MT4, MT5) trading platforms
Pepperstone offers the world’s most popular trading platform MT4 for Forex trading. Especially professionals appreciate the numerous settings options of The MetaTrader 4. Thanks to expert advisors (EAs), automated trading strategies can be easily created.
Mobile trading Apps
Traders can use mobile trading apps that we tested on our Android smartphone Samsung A50 Galaxy. The app worked smoothly during the test.
Mobile trading apps benefits:
- you can open a trade with few clicks
- different charts available
- faster than competition and not freezing
You can trade with cTrader which in our opinion is not only more modern but also more user friendly than old fashion MT4.
If you have an account with TradingView, you can easily connect it with your Pepperstone trading account and place trades through the TradingView.
Financial Instruments Available
Broker Pepperstone allows you to trade financial instruments via CFD contracts.
You can trade over 1200 financial instruments with Pepperstone:
- Forex – more than 60 currency pairs
- Commodities – 17 CFD Commodities
- Indices – 25 stock indices
- Cryptocurrencies – 18 CFD Cryptocurrencies
Pepperstone Demo Account Test
It is possible to try first with $50.000 virtual money on a demo account with all trading functions available. Traders may use Pepperstone’s demo account for an unlimited period of time!
The demo platform itself was pretty intuitive. I didn’t need a manual to figure things out, which was a win in my book. Everything just worked. Click here, tap there, and I was buying and selling like a pro
Pepperstone’s minimum deposit is $1 but we recommend to start with at least $200.
Base account currencies
You can deposit money into your trading account in one of the following currencies:
Euro €, AUD, USD $, NZD, CHF, GBP £, JPY ¥, SGD and HKD.
Deposit methods available
Minimum first deposit is currently $1 (we recommend $200) or its equivalent in other currencies.
Available deposit method depends on the country in which you are located.
- Bank transfer
- Credit/Debit Cards (Mastercard, VISA )
- China Union Pay
- Skrill / Neteller
Pepperstone Withdrawal Review
We have used Skrill ewallet and the withdrawal was processed fine one the exact same day when we requested it through the platform. The money arrived on our Skrill account the next day.
We recommend to use either card payment or wire transfer since both are free of charge. Skrill will charge you an additional transaction cost 2.5%.
How To Open Pepperstone Trading Account
We found account opening process little bit faster when we compare it with competition. However due to a fact that this broker is regulated you must provide moreless the same information like elsewhere. It took us around 5 minutes to open an account, and hopefully it will take you the same amount of time.
- First you will be asked to create username and password
- Then confirm email address (this is important step)
- Set the account type and currency
- Complete the trading experience survey (required by the regulator)
- Once your account is approved by compliance, you can deposit
- Start trading!
Pepperstone user reviews
Please write your experience with Pepperstone broker into the comment section.
|Risk Disclaimer: |
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. Between 74-89 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money