Verdict on Exness
Exness offers a diverse asset list and advanced MT4 and MT5 platforms. While the fee structure is competitive (no deposit or withdrawal fees), potential users should also consider non-trading costs. Exness is bolstered by robust regulatory oversight and more than responsive customer support, though an expansion in educational resources could enhance its offering.
As a result of our in-depth EXNESS review, BestOnlineForexBroker.com™ experts rated EXNESS with a Quality Score of 9.5 out of 10
Table of Contents
Exness Pros & Cons
- Diverse Asset Range
- Low Trading Fees from 0.3 Pip
- Pro Accounts from 0.0 Pip
- Easy Account Opening
- High Leverage up to 1:2000
- Trading Platforms MetaTrader 4, 5
- Instant Withdrawals
- Multi-Lingual Support
- Free VPS Hosting
- Islamic Accounts
- Social Trading
- Online training resources in English only
Is Exness Considered Safe?
Exness is safe and is regulated by Top-Tier and Second and Third Tier Regulators in different jurisdictions:
Tier 1 Jurisdictions:
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK under license number 730729
Tier 2 Jurisdictions:
- European Union by CySEC Cyprus under license number 178/12 under the legal name of Exness (Cy) Ltd. It serves only corporate clients though.
- The Financial Service Conduct Authority (FSCA) in South Africa is the regulator for Exness ZA (PTY) Limited with FSP number 51024.
Tier 3 Jurisdictions:
- Exness (SC) Ltd. is regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in Seychelles with a license number SD025.
- In Kenya, the broker is regulated under the legal name of Tadenex Limited with license number 162 and regulated by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) of Kenya.
- Exness (MU) Limited is licensed in Mauritius with a license number of GB20025294.
- The broker is also regulated by the Financial Services Commission (FSC) in the British Virgin Islands with a license number SIBA/L/20/1133.
- The Central Bank of Curaçao and Saint Maarten is the regulatory authority for Exness B.V. with a license number 0003LSI.
Exness offers services to its global clients through several registered and legal entities.
However, in selected geographies like the UK, it only accepts corporate clients.
Product Range – Offering of Investments
Exness has an Average collection of products and markets on offer. Its offering of investments is not as wide as some of its competitors.
- Forex Currency pairs – 97
- Stock CFDs – 98
- Stock Index CFDs – 10
- ETF CFDs – 0
- Commodity CFDs – 13
- Cryptocurrencies – 34
- Bond CFDs – 0
Exness offers almost 100 pairs, that means all the major, minor currency pairs and also exotics to its clients.
It suffices the needs of beginners and professional forex traders alike.
Some of the widely traded forex pairs available at Exnesss are:
- EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CHF
- AUD/USD, USD/CAD, NZD/USD
- EUR/GBP, EUR/CAD, GBP/CAD
You get a curated list of stock CFDs from all major stock exchanges around the globe. Exness categorizes these stocks industry-wise and you can sort them by selecting your account type first and then choosing from the industry.
Some of the widely traded stocks available at Exness are:
- Consumer discretionary: Amazon, Alibaba, eBay, Mastercard, Netflix, McDonald’s, Proctor & Gamble, PayPal, Tesla, Visa, Walmart.
- Consumer Staples: Beyond Meat, Coca-Cola, Pepsi
- Finance: Bank of America, Citi Group, CME, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo.
- Healthcare: AbbVie, Abbot Laboratories, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, United Health Group, Vertex Pharma.
- Industrials: Beong, CSX, Lockheed Martin, Thermo Fisher, ZTO Express.
- Technology: Apple, Alphabet, Adobe, Microsoft, NVIDIA.
- Telecommunication: Comcast, Cisco, AT&T, Verizon.
You can use the swap-free index trading or enjoy the fixed leverage on indices from Exness.
During the review we have found only a few selective indices from leading exchanges but we think it is sufficient for most traders.
- AUS200, DE30, FR40, HK50, JP225, STOXX50, UK100.
- US30, US500, USTec.
All commodities come with a fixed margin requirement of 1:2000 and most of them have the option of extended swap-free trading.
Commodities on offer include:
- XAU/USD, XAU/EUR, XAG/USD, XAG/EUR, XAG/AUD.
- XCU/USD (Copper/Dollar), XNI/USD( Nickel), XPT/USD(Platinum), XZN/USD (Zinc).
- Energies: Crude Oil, Brent, and XNG/USD (Natural Gas/Dollar).
You can’t buy cryptos directly through Exness.
Cryptocurrencies are only available against major currency pairs at Exness.
Some of the commonly used pairings include BTC/USD, BTC/AUD, ETH/USD, LTC/USD, BTC/XAU, and BTC/XAG.
Spread & Trading Fees
Exness has two types of accounts for retail and corporate clients. Both these account types come with slightly different fee structures.
The Standard accounts do not charge any commission.
The only fees you pay with these accounts are through spreads.
The minimum spreads for these accounts start at 0.3 pips (EUR/USD) and are given on a floating basis for different accounts.
For Professional Accounts, there are three account categories in this type too.
- The Pro account does not charge any commission while the Zero and Raw Spread accounts charge commission as well as spreads. The commission for these accounts is $3.5
- Raw and Zero Spread accounts respectively and spreads start from 0 pips.
For the Pro account, there is no commission and the spread starts at 0.1 pips.
Exness offers swap-free instruments mostly but it does charge an overnight fee and currency conversion fee depending on the type of account you use.
There is an account inactivity fee of $5 after six months.
Exness Fees Comparison vs. Competitors
A comparison of Exness fees vs competitors is given in the table below:
|Stocks - CFDs||Average Spread|
|Amazon||0.7||Market Spread + 0.30%||Market Spread + $ 0.02 Commission||0.1 (average) + 0.1% commission|
|Apple||0.9||Market Spread + 0.30%||Market Spread + $ 0.02 Commission||0.24 (average)+ 0.1% commission|
|2.0||Market Spread + 0.30%||Market Spread + $ 0.02 Commission||0.1 (average) + 0.1% commission|
|Tesla||1.1||Market Spread + 0.30%||Market Spread + $ 0.02 Commission||0.28 (average)+ 0.1% commission|
|Forex - CFDs||Average Spread||Minimum Spread||Minimum Spread||Typical Spread at HFM|
|EUR/USD||0.6||1.4||1.1 (Standard Account)||1.6|
|EUR/GBP||1.0||0.9||1.4 (Standard Account)||2.2|
|GBP/USD||0.7||1.4||1.4 (Standard Account)||2.2|
|Withdrawal Fee||$0||$0 for withdrawals > $50||$0||$0|
“Overall, the trading costs for Exness are very similar to its competitors. However, the non-trading costs of account inactivity and spreads on commodities/indices are on the higher side.”
Exness has an in-house trading platform “Exness Terminal” and it also offers Metatrader MT4 and MT5 to its users.
So, you can access trading facilities at Exness through any of these web or mobile trading platforms easily.
Exness Terminal and Mobile App
Exness Terminal is the proprietary trading platform from Exness. It comes with a web and mobile app version.
You can register through an MT5 Metatrader account or directly log in if you have an account already. The current version of Exness Terminal does not come with a desktop download though.
Key features of the Exness Terminal Platform include:
- Easy-to-use interface combined with cutting-edge developer technology
- It comes with 3 charts – Candle, Bar, Line
- The Terminal App supports 7 timeframes – M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1.
- Indicator tools include – Trading Signals by Trading Central, Bollinger Band, Moving Averages, and Parabolic SAR.
- Pending Order types include – Buy limit, Buy stop, Sell limit, Sell stop, Take profit, and Stop loss.
- The Terminal Web platform is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS, while the app is available for both IOS and Android users.
MetaTrader4 has been in use since 2005 by millions of users worldwide. It is powered by the MQL4 and supports automated trading and several other advanced trading features.
Some key features of the MT4 trading platform include:
- It supports 6 asset classes and 200 instruments from Exness.
- It is a multi-asset and multilingual trading platform.
- It supports 6 pending order types including Buy stop, sell stop, take profit, stop loss, buy limit, and sell limit.
- It features 3 charts, 9 timeframes, and 50 pre-built indicators.
- Users can enjoy advanced features like trailing stops, expert advisors (EAs), technical analysis, and custom indicators on MT4.
- Price alerts, portfolio reports, and several order types.
The MT4 trading platform is available for download for free on Exness. It supports the web and mobile versions as well. The MT4 mobile is available for Android and IOS users.
MT4 offers excellent research, charting, and analytical tools to meet the needs of traders with all levels of experience.
MT5 has been another popular trading platform since 2010.
It is a multi-asset and multilingual trading platform that comes with encrypted security features.
If you want to enjoy advanced trading features, MT5 is an improved version of MT4 in many ways.
Some key features of the MT5 trading platform are:
- MT5 supports multi-asset trading, automated trading, fundamental analysis, and technical indicators.
- It supports hedging systems offered by Exness.
- It supports 8 pending order types, 21 timeframes, 3 charts, and 38 built-in indicator tools.
- You can access Expert Advisors (EAs), custom indicators, Scrips, and technical analysis on Mt5.
- MT5 supports instant and market executions.
- You get access to market news, economic calendar, market depth analysis, and other useful information.
MT5 also supports both the Android and IOS mobile apps.
Exness offers two types of trading accounts for its clients; Standard and Professional accounts to meet the needs of retail and corporate traders.
Islamic Accounts (Swap Free)
Muslim countries can enjoy the swap-free Islamic Accounts with Swap Free Interest rate.
Standard accounts are available for all retail clients. These are suitable for beginners as well as experienced retail clients.
If you are a beginner, this trading account is for you. It comes with no commission and unlimited leverage options.
The minimum spread is 0.3 pips and there is no commission on your trades. However, the cent account only offers metals and forex instruments.
The standard account comes with all types of instruments available at Exness including forex, stocks, indices, and cryptocurrencies.
It does not charge any commission and spreads start at 0.3 pips. This account also offers unlimited leverage options to clients.
Both types of standard accounts come with swap-free trading options and the order execution type is market orders.
As the name suggests, professional accounts for experienced and professional traders. Exness offers three types of professional accounts for its experienced clients.
Raw Spread Account
The Raw Spread account comes with lower spread costs and an unlimited number of open positions. The margin call is 30% for this account.
However, the Raw Spread account comes with a commission of $3.50 for each side per lot.
The Zero account type comes with a low spread cost starting from 0 pips and a commission of $0.2 for each side per lot.
The Zero account type offers zero spreads on the top 30 instruments. It is a useful alternative to the Raw Spread account that has the same spread but much higher commission costs.
The Pro account is for experienced and professional traders looking to execute instant orders with higher speeds.
This account does not come with any commission and the spread costs are as low as 0.1 pips.
The margin calls, leverage, market execution, and swap-free features are the same for all types of professional accounts.
The minimum deposit amount, the withdrawal/deposit methods, and the processing times for transactions depend on your location as well as account type.
Exness does not charge any withdrawal fee, however, you may need to pay conversion charges and bank charges on these transactions in most cases.
Like any other online broker these days, you can open a demo account with Exness too. Once you complete the account registration and provide essential information, your demo account will be opened.
You’ll be able to trade all available instruments with a demo balance of $10,000. You can then switch to a Standard or Professional Account quickly from the account settings menu.
Research and Education
There are plenty of research and educational tools available at Exness. You can go through the basic glossaries to trending blogs and from analytical tools to industry news through its useful tools.
Exness offers a Virtual Private Server (VPS), Investment Calculator, Analytical Tools, Economic Calendar, Market news by FXStreet, Tick history, and Trading Central Web TV to name a few of its research tools.
Customer Service Quality
Exness has an excellent customer support services segment.
It provides customer contact services in 16 languages throughout weekdays and 24/7 for 5 languages.
You can contact Exness customer support services through:
- The Live Chat feature on the website.
- Email support through email@example.com
- Phone services through the international line +800980600. It has a dedicated phone line service for most countries as well.
The 24/7 phone support is available in English, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, and Swahili.